2.09.2011

Item - somene needs to buy this desk because I cannot

Every so often I plan on posting something that I would like to buy but cannot for various reasons.   This item is a perfect example.   This crazy cool Jens Risom desk needs some love, but is priced to move.   I checked it out last night.   It is huge, and heavy, and too much for my place at the moment.   The buyer would likely need to refinish most of the desk (some light sanding and oiling).  The top is potentially problematic as it appears to have been replaced, or at least covered, in some kind of plastic laminant material.   If this were mine, I would look to either cover this in leather, as some models were made originally, or have someone in the trade reproduce a proper teak top to bring this desk back to its original amazing self.    In any case, this is an easy do for someone looking for a cool piece that will more than pay for the work you need to put into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment