3.08.2011

Retask, reclaim, rethink…



Design Idea – Wine Corks.  Wine cork presentation is an easy way to add warmth and dimension.   As with the bottles I mention in another post, the shape is pleasing to the eye.   Corks are another interesting way to add round and curved shapes to a room, which isn’t easy.   Natural cork is also not as prevalent as it once was, making the presentation almost a form of antiquing.  

Here I show a few ways we use old bottles.   In the first, I simply fill a clear vessel with corks and display them among other objects.   In the second, I have taken the corks and created a custom cork board.  The frame was built using remnant tongue and groove flooring and some thin plywood as the backing.    One could just as easily use a store-bought new or vintage frame and some cardboard to create the structure and simply glue corks on as you see fit.     

A special thanks to Chase for getting me the pics of the cork board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment